Stevenson Residence - 2/6 Wurlitzer, Style B "Special"
Organ installation timeframe: 1953 - 1966
Back to the Northwest Theatre Organ History: Residences page
||This instrument was originally installed October 1927
as opus #1769, a Style B "Special" in Everett's Granada
Theatre. The special designation being due to the addition of a Diapason and Tibia to the
standard 4 rank Style B specification.
In 1953, the instrument was moved by Sandy Balcom and Bill Bunch of Balcom & Vaughan Organ Builders to the West Seattle home of Wally Stevenson. It was one of the first residence theatre organ installations in the Puget Sound area.
In 1966, Andy Anderson of West Seattle bought the instrument and installed it in his home.