Radio Station KIT - 2/5 Wurlitzer
Back to the Radio Stations page
KIT Radio's first broadcast was on April 8, 1929. It was the first commercial radio station in Central Washington.
In 1939, Balcom & Vaughan installed a 2/5 Wurlitzer at the station. This instrument was based around a 2/4 Style B Wurlitzer (opus 835) originally from Portland's Victoria Theatre.
The organ was lost in a fire in 1961. According to Jim Stettner, the date of the fire was August 21, 1961. The organ was mostly destroyed by the fire, but surviving parts went to both Larry Langevin of Yakima and also Dennis Cantwell (of Portland?).