Liberty Theatre - 2/7 Wurlitzer, Style 185
1 S. Mission St
Organ installation timeframe: 1919 - 1988
Back to the Washington Original Theatre Installations page
Liberty Theatre building, date unknown.
The Liberty Theatre originally had a Style 185 Wurlitzer (opus #240) installed in September 1919. All seven ranks were installed on the Main (left) side. In 1931, several ranks (including the Tibia from Wenatchee's Rialto Theatre) were added to the Solo chamber side by Balcom & Vaughan.
Ken Warner was organist at the theatre in the 1930's.
The instrument was maintained for many years in its original setting by the late Dave Gallatly. Richard Warburton also serviced the instrument in the 1960's.
Dave Gellatly and his wife Brownie offered the instrument to the
Wenatchee Valley Museum & Cultural Center (previously known as the N. Central Washington Museum) shortly before he died.
Fly loft of the Liberty Theatre. George Perks photo, 1998
Postcard view of Wenatchee Avenue showing Fox-Liberty signage, date unknown.