Return to PSTOS Home Page
Welcome to PSTOS

Liberty Theatre - 2/ Wurlitzer
Spokane, Washington
Riverside Ave.
Organ installation timeframe: 1914-1946
Back to the Washington Original Theatre Installations page

Liberty Theatre, c.1940
The Liberty Theatre originally had a two-manual Wurlitzer, opus 50 installed in 1914.
Don Isham and Francis Specht were organists at the Liberty in 1926.
The organ was later moved by Balcom & Vaughan to the Rollerbowl Rink in Seattle. It was lost in a fire at the rink in 1951.
Jean Anthony Greif was an organist at the Liberty.
The piano from this instrument was purchased by Bob Burke of Portland and was part of his residence organ.
Click for a larger version of this image (48K)
Riverside Ave, Liberty Theatre on left, c.1939
Click for a larger version of this image (100K)

Postcard view of the Liberty Theatre, date unknown

About this site© PSTOS, 1998-2006