Return to PSTOS Home Page
Welcome to PSTOS

Trianon Ballroom - 2/ Kimball
Seattle, Washington
3rd and Wall
Organ installation timeframe: 1931 - 1946
Back to the Northwest Theatre Organ History: Social Clubs page

Trianon at 3rd and Wall St.
The Trianon Ballroom was one of several large dance clubs in the Seattle area which drew national Big Band talent. A two-manual Kimball theatre organ originally from the Olympic/Woodland Theatre was installed in 1931.
In 1946, Balcom & Vaughan moved the organ to the Maple Leaf Tavern in Renton.
After the Trianon closed, the wood dance floor went via barge to the Bayview Pavilion in Burton, Washington on Vashon Island.

Click for a larger version of this image (15K)
Dance floor
Click for a larger version of this image (17K)
Big band

Capacity crowd

About this site© PSTOS, 1998-2004