Back to the Paramount Theatre Picture Gallery
Seattle Theatre, c.1929
CLOSE-UP of SEATTLE MARQUEE - this canopy did not last too long on the facade. It was
subsequently altered and the name was changed to Paramount. The theatre seated 3,049
making it the largest motion picture palace west of Chicago until Fox opened his fabulous
San Francisco Market Street house the following year. The theatre eventually was taken over
by a local chain, finally closed as a movie house, and was converted to rock concerts
and other live shows.
Seattle Theatre, under final construction in 1928. Note workman on the letter "L."