Return to PSTOS Home Page
Welcome to PSTOS

Pantages Theatre - no organ
Seattle, Washington
2nd & Seneca
Timeframe: 1904 - 1914
 
Back to the main Pantages (Palomar) Theatre page

Click for a larger version of this image (56K)
 
The first Pantages Theatre was built in 1904 with the profits Alexander Pantages earned in his Crystal Theatre farther South on 2nd Street. The theatre was remodeled in 1907 and continued until 1914 when a new Pantages Theatre was opened at 3rd & University. The first Pantages Theatre did not have a pipe organ.
 

 

2nd Avenue after a snow storm
 
Click for a larger version of this image (22K)
Looking South on 2nd Avenue, c.1913. L.C. Smith Tower (opened 1914) under construction in background.
 
<--- Looking North on 2nd Avenue, c.1908.
 
Marquee reads: "Pantages Great Harrah Mercedes" and "Pantages Unequaled Vaudeville... 3 Shows Daily... Continuous Sundays and Holidays... Prices 10 & 20."
 
Click for a larger version of this image (29K)
Looking North on 2nd Avenue, c.1911
 


About this site© PSTOS, 1998-2005