Balcom Residence - 2/ Estey - hybrid
Organ installation timeframe: 1941 - ?
Back to the Northwest Theatre Organ History: Residences page
Sandy Balcom, one of the partners in Balcom & Vaughan Pipe Organs, installed this two manual instrument in his residence in 1941 with additions in 1946. The instrument was assigned Balcom & Vaughan opus #430.
The console for this organ originally controlled a 2/10 Estey in Portland's Irvington Theatre. In the late 1940's or early 1950's, Sandy donated the organ to the University Methodist Temple for use in their Chapel. It remained there until sold in 2001.