Cordova Theatre - 2/6 Robert Morton
135 N. Grand Ave
Back to the Washington Original Theatre Installations page
Cordova Theatre, February 2002
The Cordova Theatre opened in 1928. The interior was done in an attractive Spanish motif. The theatre originally had a 2/6 Robert Morton organ which was later donated to the Washington State University Music Department by the Struppler family, theatre owners. It was used for a few years and then placed in storage for more than 35 years before being reinstalled in the large A. B. Butler Lecture Hall of the Physical Sciences building in 1974.
Cordova Theatre marquee
Photos courtesy Paul Arndt 2002