Avalon Theatre - 2/4 Wurlitzer, Style B
308 4th Ave E.
Back to the Washington Original Theatre Installations page
Avalon Theatre building, c.2001
The Avalon Wurlitzer (opus #1449) was originally installed in 1926 at Seattle's Montlake Theatre.
In 1941, the organ was removed from the theatre and then owned by several Puget Sound individuals including: Robert Dyer, Kenneth Graves, Alden Baunsgard and Woody Presho. The instrument's current status is unknown.
As of 2001, the Avalon theatre building still exists. It is currently occupied by an office supply store. Note bricked-in decorative round window ports barely visable under the red brick squares.