Purdy & Walters Funeral Home - 2/5 Wood
Organ installation timeframe: 1933-present
Back to the Northwest Theatre Organ History: Other Installations page
Wm. Wood console at Purdy & Walters. Photo courtesy Jim Stettner 2005
The Purdy & Walters Funeral Home organ was originally installed in 1926 in Seattle's Columbia Theatre. It was later moved to the Lakeside Theatre, date unknown.
In 1933, Balcom & Vaughan installed the organ at "Purdy and Walters Mortuary." The blower serial number was 0323B and it was 3 HP.
Another view of the Wm. Wood console. Photo courtesy Jim Stettner 2005