Fisher Residence - 3/10 Wurlitzer
Des Moines, Washington
Back to the Northwest Theatre Organ History: Residences page
The Fisher residence organ was originally installed in 1926 in West Seattle's Granada (Egyptian) Theatre.
The instrument was moved in 1939 to KOMO Radio by Balcom & Vaughan. In 1961, it was sold to Bennett Fisher. Balcom & Vaughan installed the instrument in a special hall built to house the organ.
Mr. Fisher was an heir to the Fisher Flour Mills Co. founded by Oliver William Fisher in 1910. The family diversified in 1926 when it acquired a majority ownership in KOMO Radio.