Return to PSTOS Home Page
Welcome to PSTOS

Fox Residence - 2/8 Smith
Bellingham, Washington
Organ installation timeframe: 1985-2003
 
Back to the Northwest Theatre Organ History: Residences page

Click for a larger version of this image (52K)
Two-manual Smith console. Note the Robert Morton nameplate installed by Balcom & Vaughan in 1930 to cover holes in the back rail. Family friend Curowsh at the console. (photo: Jeff Fox, 1999)
 
According to Jeff Fox, the organ was originally installed in the California Theatre, Pittsburgh California. The Robert Morton Company took the organ in on trade when they sold a new 3/10 Morton to the theatre. The organ sat in their warehouse for several years until 1930-31 when it was sold to Our Saviour's Lutheran Church in Bellingham. Seattle organ firm Balcom & Provorse did the install at the church and Ed Ahern of Bellingham was organist for the dedication program.
 
Jeff Fox purchased the organ in 1985. All of the original percussions except chimes were missing so Jeff has added a Wurlitzer toy counter and xylophone. He also added a blower that once supplied the Seattle Blue Mouse Theatre Wurlitzer. The organ's original blower still supplies air for the 2/12 E.M. Skinner organ now installed at the church.
 
Click for a larger version of this image (86K)
Clarinet, Trumpet and chimes
Click for a larger version of this image (88K)
Bass drum, strings and Flute
Click for a larger version of this image (57K)
Wurlitzer toy counter
Click for a larger version of this image (65K)
Clarinet
Click for a larger version of this image (69K)
Blower from the Seattle Blue Mouse
Click for a larger version of this image (60K)
 
In 2003 the instrument was sold to Mark Steen of Spanaway, Washington. The Wurlitzer toy counter was purchased by Tom Blackwell of Seattle.


About this site© PSTOS, 1998-2004