Return to PSTOS Home Page
Welcome to PSTOS

Bell Theatre - 2/ Kimball
Bellingham, Washington
Holly Street
 
Back to the Washington Original Theatre Installations page

Click for a larger version of this image (327K)
Holly Street entrance, c.1919
 
Click for a larger version of this image (35K)
c.1916.
 
Click for a larger version of this image (50K)
Holly Street, early 1950's. Photo courtesy Jeff Fox, 2005
 
Records indicate that the Imperial Cafe occupied the Bell Theatre building in 1951. In 1932, McCracken's Cafe operated there.
 
The Bell Theatre had a two-manual tubular-pneumatic Kimball which debuted on Saturday November 8, 1913. The organ was purchased through Eilers Music House which was one block East on Holly St. An early organist at the Bell was Prof. Darwin Wood. Current status of the organ is unknown.
 
As of 2005, the Bell Theatre building still exists. It houses part of the Horseshoe Cafe.
 
Click for a larger version of this image (127K)
Bell Theatre building, 2005. Photo, Jeff Fox.
 
Click for a larger version of this image (274K) News clipping from the Bellingham Hearld, November 7, 1913. Coutesy, Jeff Fox 2004.


About this site© PSTOS, 1998-2004