Chaldean (Kenton) Theatre - 2/4 Wurlitzer, Style B
Denver Ave at Schofield St.
Organ installation timeframe: 1925 -
Back to the Oregon Original Theatre Installations page
Denver Avenue, looking North from Schofield Street, c.1926
The Chaldean Wurlitzer was shipped from the factory in August, 1925 as opus 1132, a Style B. The theatre was later renamed "Kenton Theatre."
After the silent era, the organ was donated to the Portland Elks Club by Colonel Woodlaw. It remained there for many years until it was purchased by Floyd
Chamberlain and later by popular Northwest organist Gerry
Gregorius in 1969.
In 1990, the organ was purchased by Dave & Barbara Elwood of Vancouver, Washington. They had intended to install the organ in their home, but decided to sell it in 1998. Parts are now owned by various individuals in the Northwest and Mid-West. The two-manual console, four-rank manual chest, regulators and Tuba are now owned by
Tom Blackwell of Issaquah, WA.
1925 ad for the Chaldean Theatre
Chaldean (Kenton) Theatre building, c.2013. Photo courtesy Larry Mayer