Alameda Theatre - 2/4 Leathurby-Smith
3000 NE Alberta Street
Back to the Oregon Original Theatre Installations page
According to Bob Rickett, the Alameda had two theatre organs: 2/4 Leathurby-Smith, moved to Sellwood United Methodist Church
2/4 Wurlitzer moved in 1928 from the Highway Theatre .
From the Oregon Historical Society web site:
The Alameda Theatre opened its doors to the public in 1927. Renamed in 1937 and 1964, it became the 30th Avenue Cinema then Cine 30. In 1969 the theater returned to its original name. After 51 years of service, the theater closed in 1978. The Alameda is one of a handful of motion picture houses that have been converted into churches. The building was home first to the Macedonia Church of God and later to the Victory Outreach Church , its current occupant. The exterior still looks much as it did 74 years ago, with its distinctive Mediterranean clay tile roof and stucco walls. The marquee was removed years ago, but painted-over movie poster boards at the corner entrance summon up the once busy theater.
1927 - Alameda
1937 - 30th Avenue Cinema
1964 - Cine 30
1969 - Alameda
1978 - closed