Return to PSTOS Home Page
Welcome to PSTOS

Granada Theatre - 2/4 Wicks
LaGrande, Oregon
Back to the Oregon Original Theatre Installations page

Click for a larger version of this image (54K)
Downtown LaGrande, Granada Theatre on right, c.1940's
The Granada instrument was originally installed in LaGrande's Liberty Theatre. It was purchased from the Granada in the late 1930's by Bob Rickett of Portland who installed it in his home. To the Wicks, Bob added three Gottfried ranks from a William Wood organ originally installed in Portland's Oregon Theatre.
In 1942, Bob Rickett sold the core 5 rank Wicks organ to St. Rose's Catholic Church in Portland.
Click for a larger version of this image (33K)
Granada Theatre, c.1953
The organ was later purchased by Doug Phillips of Portland and then, Jerry Gaylord. The instrument is currently owned by Don and Alva James of Hillsboro, Oregon and is playing in their home.
Click for a larger version of this image (68K)
Glimpse of the Granada Theatre, far left, date unknown.

About this site© PSTOS, 1998-2006