Grove (Star) Theatre - Photoplayer & 2/ Marr & Colton
Forest Grove, Oregon
2028 Pacific Ave.
Organ installation timeframes:
- Photoplayer: 1918-1925
- Marr & Colton: 1925-?
Back to the Oregon Original Theatre Installations page
c.1950's. Grove Theatre on left.
The Grove Theatre originally opened as the Star Theatre in 1912.
According to Jim Stettner, sometime after 1918 a style 40, 3-pipe rank American Photo Player organ was installed.
In 1925, records indicate that a two-manual Marr & Colton was installed. Current status of this instrument is unknown.
The Photo Player instrument still exists in the Richland, WA in the home of the grandson of the Star/Grove Theatre owner: Fred A. Watrous. The instrument was stored in the Watrous home in Forest Grove for many years after the Marr & Colton was installed, and before Robert Watrous acquired it. More information from Bob Watrous is available here.